Here we have something a little different…
Saturday we will meet at Dobbies, EH18 1AZ at 10am, for a quick briefing, where you will be given a road book which will have tulip diagrams and the route will take you through some of the best country roads in the region.
Unlike the Borders Blizzard, we will not put questions for you to answer on the way down, instead, simply enjoy the route at your own pace, which means you can stop off at any point, for lunch etc.
Once you reach the site, there is opportunity for you to set up camp for the night, and we will have the club gazeebo for shelter and the BBQ for you to cook some food!
Sunday 17th will be a normal Trials event, but for all except some of the committee this will be a brand new site for you!
A tyro is the entry level trial event that SORC runs, which has the following characteristics.
– Suitable for showroom condition vehicles on standard road tyres.
– Has strict rules applied by the MSA to limit the range of terrain over which the course is set including slope angle and water depth to ensure any risk is minimised as much as possible.
– Is designed to be totally non-damaging – no body contact with ground or other obstacles such as bushes or trees.
– Open to members aged 13 and above including those who do not hold a full driving licence. Unlicensed drivers may only drive the vehicle on the specific tyro stages and must be accompanied by someone who has experience of off road trial driving.
– Passengers are welcome as long as they are suitably seated and restrained. This makes tyros an excellent family event.
Road Taxed Vehicle trials are run very similarly to the Tyros, but more of a test of you and your 4×4 against the course.
– Full, valid license holders only for this one and the car may well come into contact with the ground and vegetation and the slopes used allow greater angles than Tyros.
– Passengers are permitted in the front seats only and must be 14 or over (and in the right seat and be of the right height, etc).
Cost: Trials are £25 per vehicle plus £5 per additional driver, and £5 per vehicle for the Road Run.
Time: 10.00 signing on, ready to start at 10.30ish
Lunch: Bring your own packed lunch and warm drink
Finish: We generally finish mid-afternoon depending on weather and light conditions.
Directions: EH18 1AZ for meeting at Dobbies for the Road Run, and if you are only joining us for the camping or Trials on the Sunday,the correct location for the BBQ tonight and the trials tomorrow TD9 7PN, Girnwood Farm
Amateur Radio: For those who have it, we usually use 145.350MHz if it’s free.
Event Registration: Click here
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1508556459271720/