This will be the second in the championship this year.
We will be running a mixture of both Tyro and RTV sections depending on what vehicles we have turn up, however this event site is more biased towards RTV styles.
A tyro is the entry level trial event that SORC runs, which has the following characteristics.
– Suitable for showroom condition vehicles on standard road tyres.
– Has strict rules applied by the MSA to limit the range of terrain over which the course is set including slope angle and water depth to ensure any risk is minimised as much as possible.
– Is designed to be totally non-damaging – no body contact with ground or other obstacles such as bushes or trees.
– Open to members aged 13 and above including those who do not hold a full driving licence. Unlicensed drivers may only drive the vehicle on the specific tyro stages and must be accompanied by someone who has experience of off road trial driving.
– Passengers are welcome as long as they are suitably seated and restrained. This makes tyros an excellent family event.
Road Taxed Vehicle trials are run very similarly to the Tyros, but more of a test of you and your 4×4 against the course.
– Full, valid license holders only for this one and the car may well come into contact with the ground and vegetation and the slopes used allow greater angles than Tyros.
– Passengers are permitted in the front seats only and must be 14 or over (and in the right seat and be of the right height, etc).
Cost: £25 per vehicle plus £5 per additional driver
Time: 09.30 signing on and scrutineering, ready to start at 10.00
Lunch: Bring your own packed lunch and warm drink
Finish: We generally finish mid-afternoon depending on weather and light conditions.
Directions: ML8 5HQ is the nearest postcode, with orange arrows directing you into the site off the B7011. OS Grid Ref is NS 809518.
Amateur Radio: For those who have it, we usually use 145.350MHz if it’s free.
Event Registration: Entry Form